Resumes befitting of Account Executives, email General Manager Allen Willis at AllenWillis@979ESPNRadio.com
Resumes befitting of the programming or promotions departments, email Operations Manager Tom Lang at tom@979espnradiocom
97.9 ESPN Radio – Tallahassee’s Sports Monster
We are an independently owned sports radio station serving the Tallahassee area and have an immediate opening for a high energy, self-motivated, enthusiastic person to join our sales team. The Account Executive is responsible for building relationships with clients and creating branding/advertising campaigns that get results for customers. We are looking for someone who has a proven track record of developing new business, strong work and moral ethics, and works effectively both independently and in a team environment.
* Develop new leads by cold calling and obtaining face to face appointments
* Generate new revenue and achieve sales goals
* Monitor collections on accounts to avoid past due situations
* Maximize the potential revenue opportunity for each assigned account
* Must have excellent communication, presentation, and listening skills
* Computer proficient
* Excellent negotiation and client relation skills
* Passion for sports is a plusExperience and Education
* 2 or more years media sales experienceCompensation
* Salary/Commission/Gas AllowanceBenefits* Medical, Life, 401k Retirement Plan
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $0.00 to $60,000.00 /year
If you believe you meet these criteria, please respond with a copy of your resume and cover letter to AllenWillis@979ESPNRadio.com and enter “ESPN” in the subject line. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
**NOW ACCEPTING SPRING 2018 APPLICATIONS**
Get hands-on experience in the sports radio and sports marketing worlds at ESPN Tallahassee. Work with on-air hosts, learn radio production, and get involved in promotions and real world marketing opportunities.
ESPN Tallahassee is looking for hardworking, dedicated individuals for our internship program. The successful candidate must be goal-oriented, self-motivated, eager to learn, take leadership roles, demonstrate an interest in sports marketing, and possess a desire to meet high expectations.
– Perform sports related research for on-air talent
– Build teasers and promotions for the radio station shows
– Screen calls for live broadcasts
– Transcribe interviews and commercials
– Assist in updating the station website and social media outlets
– Assist with marketing efforts and events, promoting ESPN Tallahassee at events including games, local bars, restaurants, clubs, and retail locations
– Assisting with set-up and execution of live broadcasts throughout the area
– Write scripts for commercials and PSA’s
– Must have a general knowledge of sports
– Must be willing to commit to 3 shifts a week
– Must have proficient computer skills
– Must have the ability to work well under time constraints
– Must have a car or guaranteed method of transport to the station
– Must have a flexible schedule (For Fall applicants, FSU Football game weekends included)
This ESPN Tallahassee internship is a non-paid internship.
ESPN Tallahassee has high expectations for the internship program. Candidates must be motivated and possess an attention to detail. If you are not a self-starter, you need not apply.
Hours: Interns are required to work three days in the office (three hour shifts) minimum per week. Hours will be mutually agreed upon. Interns are also required to make themselves available for at least one day outside of the office to participate in promotional events if needed.
If you believe you meet the above stated criteria, please respond with a copy of your resume and cover letter to Matthew Hutcheson- firstname.lastname@example.org with “Summer/Fall 2018 Internship” in the subject line.